The commemorative committee is a joint collaborative effort of BUSD, COB, Cal Berkeley and community to support a citywide framework for the celebration of the work and legacy of Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta in social and environmental justice; and the value and importance of community service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Active membership in the Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta Commemorative Committee (CCDHCC) to help develop, plan and coordinate two annual events (La Placita in the fall, and BUSD Commemorative event in the spring)
- The Community Liaison of CCDHCC will work to engage in a positive way Berkeley schools and students to engage with an important issue for our students to study and understand the value of community service during the Commemorative period (March 31 to April 23)
- Work in collaboration with a Community Mentor
- Participate in biweekly meetings with the Commemoration Committee
- 10 hours a week (minimum) approximately 200 to 300 hours of service in the fall/spring.
- Computer literate
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred
- Interested in community building, academic and civic engagement
- Able to make committee meetings
Compensation and Benefits
- $1500 stipend over two semesters
- Networking and professional development opportunities and community building skills
Apply by Monday, September 19th 2016
For futher information contact: Lupe Gallegos-Diaz